Thursday, December 28, 2006

One week to go -- YIKES!

Yesterday, I set up a going away party for the night before we leave. The flight's at 3pm; leaving plenty of time to recover from the hangover, hopefully.

Today, I woke up realizing that that party is in one week, and that we will be on an airplane a week from tomorrow.

The panic has officially commenced.

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually concerned about whether I have enough time to pack. Our agency assured us that the hotel laundry service is great and we don't need to bring more than a week's worth of clothes, but...

The apartment is still a mess, there's no time to practice our Mandarin, and I've already thought about three different client events that will take place while I'm away, so I have to draft the advance materials now. Yikes indeed.

The party, for those who missed the email, is at Druids, 736 10th Ave (between 50th and 51st Streets), at 6:30pm Thursday January 4.

Our flight leaves Newark Airport at 3pm the next day.

We're bringing our laptop to watch a few dvds during the 15 hour flight. Recommendations are welcome.

-- Dan

No comments: