Saturday, February 13, 2010

Crazy trip

At the end of January, I traveled on a crazy, four-city business trip that was probably the least stressful business trip I will ever take. The point of the trip was to meet with journalists, and everyone I work with claimed every single part of the trip. So I got to spin through Madrid, London, Doha and Dubai with nothing to do really but hold my spokesperson's coat.

One interesting side trip we took was to Doha's wholesale fish market. I found it interesting; for all my years in NY I never poked around the fulton fish market, only sniffing at it from a few blocks away (it's just north of the South Street Seaport).

That being said, here's the no-frills Doha fish market:





The "high" light of the trip was the Burj Khalifa, the newest tallest building in the world. To get to the observation deck on the 120th floor will run you US$130 if you just show up, but only US$30 if you book it week's in advance.

Instead, we ate dinner across from the reflecting pool and watched the show:



Not bad for a desert city, eh?

My photos from the trip can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/80262249@N00/sets/72157623294959739/

2 comments:

Musicalk06 said...

Hi Dan!
I enjoyed your photos and video. Madrid looks beautiful. I didn't know you were going. That's a great one of you in London. Sounds like it was a whirlwind trip.
I also enjoyed the X-mas photos of CJ & Meg! Glad things are going well in the snowbelt. Ha! Keri

A girl with rainbow shades said...

It's so great that you get to travel so much! I'm off to Dubai and was wondering if you'd have any suggestions for me?